Saturday, June 7, 2014

Tutorial: The 5 Minute, 1 Brush Eye

Let's face it, the mornings are a necessary evil; a burning, horrible one at that. It seems our beds are our only salvation--until you realized you overslept by 30 minutes.


This look is something that I do when I want something more than just mascara, and it can be completely altered for day or night. You can skip the liner, or you can add a darker brown in the crease for more smokiness. It really is quite simple, but I think that every girl needs this in their repertoire. 

So, lets get started.

Here are the products I use, going clockwise:

1) Bobbi Brown E/S in Heather, $22- A purple/taupe-y brown that is perfect for those with green eyes, yet suits all eye colors. Also, it is a straight up dupe for the Lorac Pro Palette's Mauve. 

2) Face Secrets Eye Contour Brush, $6.49- My FAVORITE eye brush of all time. It is available at Sally's Beauty Supply and online at an absolute steal. I, uh, borrowed, it from my mom about four years ago, and it still going strong; it has never once shed on me, and has kept its shape for all these years.
P.S. If you end up looking for it online, it has been given a slight facelift design-wise with a different colored handle (it's now black), but still the same head.

3) Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen, - One of the best eyeliners that I have EVER used. I have tried all different kinds of brands ranging from high end to drugstore, yet I always come back to this one. It is highly pigmented, lasts for ages and is waterproof. In fact, the swatch that I took below is still on my hand, and still looks as intense as it was when I first applied it 9 hours ago. 

4) MAC Paint Pot in Painterly- The MAC, the Myth, the Legend. I had my eyes on this for years (3 1/2 to be exact), but never buckled down and bought it. Instead, I tried at least 5 other eye primers that all came up short. This, however, is a godsend. I have oily lids and this is the only primer that keeps my shadows from creasing. Being fair, I also have discolored, veiny lids that this completely covers up. So, if you have been contemplating buying this, go for it--it will quickly become a new favorite. 

As for the actual process, it couldn't be simpler. 

  • Blend Painterly all over the lid
  • Pick up Heather on the Face Secrets brush, blending all over the lid (leave space near tear duct for highlighter if desired) and into the crease. 
  • Line upper lid with liner, in whatever fashion you like, or go without
  • Pick up Heather on the the point of the brush and blend underneath lower lash line, about halfway
  • Curl lashes and apply mascara

And VoilĂ !

Also on face: 
Laura Mercier Oil Free Primer
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly
Make Up For Ever Duo Mat Powder Foundation, Shade 201
MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural in Light
NARS Blush in Dolce Vita
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde (now called Taupe)
Loreal Telescopic Waterproof Mascara
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Rose Afterglow (discontinued, dammit)
W.O.S. from Naked Basics palette applied in tear duct w/ finger

I hope you enjoyed! Now you can sleep in and still look fab!


Stay Excellent, 
Allie 





No comments :

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme