Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Spotlight: Do You Wash Your Hair Properly?

After reading the title of this post, you might be thinking, "Of course I know how to wash my hair properly! I've been doing it on my own for two decades now!" 

But do you really? Like, really really? 

I never thought that there was any form to shampooing. Wet hair, squirt product in hand, lather all over, rinse. Little did I know that I was doing it all wrong. Here are the steps that you should actually be taking to insure optimum hair health.

1) Wet hair--make sure water isn't too hot
2) Dole out proper amount of shampoo for your hair (check my last post for some great choices!)

This next step is key, so cue silence and dramatic drum role. 

3) ONLY WASH THE ROOTS. Do NOT include all hair in the lathering process--this strips all of the moisture in your ends. This part actually makes sense, seeing as though your natural oils never make it down to the bottle of your hair, unless of course you are a naturalist (no judgement zone). So, why wash the bottom of your hair if nothing is there? 

4) Proceed with conditioner, making sure that it is only applied from the ear area down

I learned all of this from the video I have posted above, made by Kayli, the sister-in-law of the famous YouTuber Shay Carl. Be sure to check it out if you are more of a visual learner!

I can remember the first day that I did this to my hair. I immediately felt a difference, and so did my friends (we were a braiding community, haha). You will notice a major improvement in your hair health, and your split ends will dramatically improve, especially if you get a fresh cut and then start this regimen. 

To be honest, this routine helped my hair so much that I actually gave a speech on it! We had to choose a demonstrative topic, and even though this seemed too easy, I actually noticed a lot of girls mentally taking notes. The next day, nearly half the girls in the class came up to me and told me that they, too, felt a difference after one time. 

So, give it a go! Your hair will thank you!

Stay Excellent, 
Allie 

No comments :

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme