Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Feature: Benefit's Big Easy

A liquid-to-powder base that countless reviews claim to be a godsend for oily skin? Sign me up! 

Benefit's Big Easy debuted earlier this year, and immediately it was on my radar. I've been dabbling in BB creams for years, testing out Jouer's, Laura Mercier's, Tarte's, Smashbox's, Too Faced's, Maybelline's, Garnier's and L'oreal's. Phew, that's quite the list, no? I had some hits (Too Faced, Garnier and Smashbox) and some biiiig misses (L'oreal and Maybelline). Save for the list above, none really wowed me. That is, until now.



So, here's the rundown:



Price: $38

Size: 35 mL (5 mL more than you normally get, but Too Faced has 45 mL and Garnier has 60 mL)


Shades: 6- Fair, Light, Light/Medium, Medium, Beige, Deep Beige (impressive for a BB cream range)


Recommended Skintypes: Normal (with hardly any dry spots), Combo, Oily. This is my personal opinion after reading the reviews; the majority of oily/combo girls said it worked wonderfully, yet those with dry skin said it clung to dry patches, which I totally see being an issue. 


Coverage: Light to Medium--I make mine a natural looking full coverage by applying powder foundation over top (Make Up Forever Duo Mat in shade 201). I have a few freckles and small moles (even a few spots, sad face) and those showed through, yet were significantly camouflaged.  


Does it work? YES! To the left is a picture of it freshly applied this morning (in my classy pink bath robe haha). It has a slight glow to it, but it's one that is friendly to oily skin. I have been wearing it for five hours now (generally I see shine around hour 3), and haven't had oil break through whatsoever. For the most part, it looks exactly like it did when I first applied it. This is news, seeing as though I didn't apply Milk of Magnesia beforehand (a staple in any oily girl's makeup bag), primer, or setting spray. 


As for how it sits on the skin, I honestly forgot I had it on! I wiped my nose absentmindedly, and wound up with a little worn off on my sleeve. For those wanting a light foundation/bb cream for summer, look no further! Run, don't walk to Sephora and get yo hands on this gift from above.


Stay Excellent, 

Allie 

No comments :

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme