Monday, June 9, 2014

Shopping Spoils: The Body Shop




Every so often, I fall prey to a sale. Once again, The Body Shop has sucked me in with their seemingly innocent offer of buy three, get two free. I simply went on their for a new toner, and bam! four other products wiggled their way into my online cart. However, I am making light of this recent purchase; it is the perfect segue to my new series on skin care. 



So, shall we commence? 

1) Seaweed Clarifying Toner, $12.50- After reading multiple reviews, I decided I should get this toner over the Tea Tree. For the most part, my acne medications keep the spot population under control, so I didn't want to overdo it by using tea tree on my face. Many reviews stated that this should only be used on combination/oily skin, so keep that in mind if you are thinking about purchasing it. My only gripe about the product is the size; it's 6.76 oz which is a fair amount, but I still would've liked a little bit more so I didn't have to purchase it as often. 


2) Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask and Aloe Protective Restoring Mask, $22 each- I know what you're thinking. These are expensive. However, I already have another one of the Body Shop's masks and it has lasted for absolute ages, so they are indeed worth the price tag. I purchased the Ionic Clay Mask in order to help me further clarify my skin along with my weekly at-home extractions. I added the Aloe mask at the last minute, because it drew me in. Due to my acne medication, my skin is more sensitive than ever. This includes bad redness that seems to only get worse as the day progresses. I am hoping that this helps with that problem, because I am finally getting confident about going sans makeup, and I don't want to deal with the I-spent-one-too-many-hours-in-the-sun look. 

P.S. The Aloe mask doesn't have any fragrance--great for those with super sensitive skin.

3) Concealer All-in-One (Shade 1), $12.00-
I actually have never purchased makeup from the Body Shop, but after reading reviews this seemed like a safe purchase. It has an inner core (very similar to Benefit) that I would assume contains the Vitamin E and Marula Oil listed in the online description. There is one shade lighter than what I purchased that is pinker (score for fair girls!), 00. My shade is on the yellower side, which I am sure will help cover up the redness on my cheeks along with the discoloration under my eyes. I will be giving a review on this soon!





4) Early-Harvest Raspberry Body Scrub, $20 (now on sale for $10)- I have purchased two other scrubs from The Body Shop, the Olive Scrub and Ximena and Salt Scrub. Although I enjoyed the Olive one, the Ximena one is really trying me. It works just fine, but the scent leaves much to be desired. It smells like a museum; odd description, I know, but it's true. So, this go around I decided to get a scrub that actually smells yummy, and this scrub hasn't let me down! It looks exactly like raspberry jam, and smells like raspberry jello--a definite step in the right direction. I am actually looking forward to using this one!



Happy Shopping! 

Stay Excellent, 

Allie




No comments :

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme