Tuesday, June 2, 2015

It's Fur, Baby

It's Fur, Baby


Blame it on my Nordic roots, but from the bottom of my heart I loathe the summer. Sweating is not something I enjoy, and I 'll always choose being too cold over too hot. So, as I let my mind wander towards my favorite time of year whilst dealing with the ever-present South Carolina humidity, I created this look that I am itching to recreate come November. 

Here's the deal with Polyvore, gals. They feature products and clothing from anywhere and everywhere. This includes stores we love like ASOS, Nordstrom, Forever 21, and Macy's. However, it also includes pieces from department stores we only visit to use the extra special bathrooms, not to shop. This means that the collages you make might be beautiful, but not economically feasible. The leggings in this collage? Nearly $1000. The bag? $640. And the pièce de résistance, the enviable fur vest? $230. 

The good thing is that everything featured in here is easily adaptable. Should you want yellow accessories but don't want to pay the sometimes-steep Kendra Scott prices, go to you're local Charming Charlie. The store is broken up by color, and the yellow section is sure to have something yellow to fit your tastes. Their website is a breeze to navigate too, with you being able to break things down by the exact color you want, should you not have a store near you. 

Fur vests are going to be a dime a dozen this fall, so keep an eye out at Missguided or Forever 21 for your perfect piece. A brown or even burgundy vest could easily be swapped out here, too, for a little extra fun. 

Another trend to look forward to? OVERSIZED EVERYTHING. ASOS has recently been featuring a lot of "boyfriend" style shirts, which can easily be thrown over a pair of leggings this fall and winter. I first saw the trend in Scandinavian street wear, and I am eager to see it makes its way into our closets in the next year. 

And finally, are you looking for a perfect staple black bag? Look no further than Zara. Everything offered is very reasonably prices, similar to what you'd find at ASOS, with a top ranging from $29.99-$49.99. But the main reason to go there is for the jaw dropping accessories. You want an effortless, Nicole Richie-style necklace at half the price of her House of Harlow brand? Give the accessory page a look-see for ten minutes and you'll find yourself falling in love with every piece. Seriously, each piece I've looked at today has made me weak at the knees. 

But I digress. Last year I bought this sleek, professional bag at a complete steal for $60. It fit a 5-subject notebook (that was bursting by mid-semester), a 13-inch MacBook Air (also fit a Pro, but I only had it for a month or so before I got my Air for christmas), and all the other unnecessary things that float around in woman's purse (an agenda, loose sticks of gum, hair ties, brushes, 1000 pens, etc.). It also had an adjustable strap that could allow it to fall at your side or to be a crossbody. I was nervous at first about this, considering most straps do not accommodate a 6'0" frame and make bags fall at awkward lengths, but this hit just right. As I mentioned before, it is adjustable, so even someone a foot shorter than me could find their perfect length. What's more is that the strap doesn't slide, even when on slippery garments like puffer vests, wind breakers, or rain jackets. 


Stay Excellent, 
Allie 

No comments :

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme