Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Winter is Coming...

Hey Friends. First of all, shout out to anyone who got the GoT pun in my title *air five*. In today's post I thought I would talk about winter, and all the gloriousness that comes along with it. I found a few questions that I thought I would answer just for a bit of fun. Read on and see if you agree! 



1. Do you like the cold:
YUS. I would much rather be cold than be hot, hence why I am moving as far away from the South once I grow up and get big. 

2. Favorite Part About Winter:
I think that everyone's demeanor kind of changes. We are getting geared up for the holidays, and the anticipation of seeing family is one of the best feelings in the world. 

3. Favorite Winter Drink:
Hmmmm. I do enjoy some hot cider, but my dad makes some ballin' hot chocolate with bakers chocolate, cream and cinnamon. I've never been able to finish a mug of it because it is so rich, but don't think I haven't tried. 

4. Do You Do Any Outdoor Activity's In The Winter:
I'm all about safety, so skiing and that sort of thing kind of scares me. But I commend those who do--when it is done right, it seriously looks so badass. I mean, just picture how cool Queen Latifah looked in The Last Holiday when she not so subtlety conquers the Black Diamond course...impressive. 

5. Favorite Winter Scent:
Ok, bare with me on this one. My mom has two different perfumes, and during the winter she wears Chanel Chance (in the green bottle). I love the way it smells when it cold outside, and when I was in high school I would borrow her coat nearly everyday just so it could smell up my locker during the day. 

6. Does It Snow Where You Live
Is that even a question? Yes, in the midwest, you'll be hard pressed to find anyplace that doesn't receive at least a foot of snow each year. During my senior year of high school, we had, like, ten snow days. AAAAAND one of the perks of being a senior was that I didn't have to make any of them up. Just sayin'. 

7. Favorite Clothing Item In Winter:
OVERSIZED SWEATERS FOR THE WIN.

8. Your Favorite Winter Memory:
Going to light shows and drinking hot cider. Or, when I was in 6th grade, I got to go see The Trans Siberian Orchestra perform and meet them backstage! I would include a picture that we took with them, but I looked as rough as you can imagine...pubescent Allie, not a good look. 

9. Top 2 Winter Beauty Essentials:
Elizabeth 8 Hour Cream (Prince Harry uses it, just throwin' that out there) and Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream. Yes, puh-lease. 

10. Top 2 Winter Fashion Essentials:
See number 7. You know how strongly I feel. And perhaps vests, or maybe a solid pair of boots. 

11. What shoes do you tend to wear the most in the winter?
Pretty sure I haven't taken my Hunter Wellies off in a solid month. 

12. Favorite Winter Accessory:
I'm currently dying over turban headbands. If this trend leaves my life, I don't know what I'll do...I've invested too much money in it as is. 

13. Favorite Winter Nail Polish:
I love a good emerald or navy, like OPI's AmazON, AmazOFF or Road House Blues, respectively. I also love a good, deep red, like Essie's Plumberry. 

Favorite Winter Candle?

Frozen Icicles from Bath and Body Works. My mom also had one from there that smelled straight up like Christmas, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is called *sad face*. 

Snowboarding or Skiing?
Safety first. You'll find me in the lodge next to the fire, thank you. 


Have you ever gone Ice Skating? Are you any good or do you FAIL miserably?
Unfortunately, no. Back home they had skating down on the river front, but of course, I never went because I am a low-key hermit. 


Have you ever made a snowman?
Oh gosh, I bet I probably have, but you see, in my old age I can't remember. 

What holiday do you celebrate?
Christmas, and then every so often we celebrate Chanukah with family friends.


Favorite Christmas/Holiday song?
"Mary did you Know" by Clay Aiken--f*cking chills. Or the feed the wooooorld song...you know the one. 


Favorite Christmas/Holiday movie?
LAST HOLIDAY on repeat! Meet me in St. Louis has christmas elements in it, so I'll throw that one in for fun. 


What is your favorite winter treat? (candy cane, gingerbread, etc…)
My Aunt Jodie makes the most ballin' christmas cookies you've ever had. I also die for Pistachio Pudding cake which we have every year, thank the gods above. 


If you were to ask Santa for one thing and you were guaranteed to get it, what would it be? 
Clay Matthews from the Green Bay Packers. Yummy. 




Stay Excellent, 

Allie 

No comments :

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme