Sunday, November 30, 2014

I've Lost It: High End

Speak these words out loud: I've lost all my makeup

That gave you the willies, didn't it? If I lost all of my makeup, I think I would freak. Also, I'm pretty sure that my wallet would scream at me like a Harry Potter Howler. But, for this post's sake, let's say that I did lose it all *shudders*. Here are the five things I would repurchase from the high end realm before the day was through. 





Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow in Heather, $22-- Here's the thing. I basically have one everyday look, with this eyeshadow being the focal point. I have green eyes, and the purple undertone in this taupe-y/brown shadow compliments them unlike any other shadow I've ever had. It's expensive, yes, but huge and a color that isn't easily found or duplicated by something in the drugstore. 


Tarte Eyelash Curler, $17.00--A dear friend of mine, Brett, could be described as the ultimate natural beauty. When I first met her, she told me that she didn't use too much makeup, but the one thing she invested in was a good curler for her eyelashes. So, after using drugstore curlers for years, I decided to take the plunge and purchase this. I must say that even after two years, it still works as good as new, and I haven't had to replaced the little rubber thingy (only technical terms here on the BCG blog) at the base of the curler. I have lashes that stick straight out and large eyes, and I find that this is the only curler that grabs all my lashes and makes the curl last all day.


Urban Decay Deslick/All Nighter Setting Spray, $28--Ah, setting spray. The hairspray for the face. I find that setting spray is one of those things that you didn't realize you needed until you have it. It prolongs wear, gets rid of powdery-ness, and in my case, controls oil. There have been days when I forget to spray my face, and towards the end of the day there is a noticeable difference on how my foundation wears. I know it might seem like a lot of money, but trust me, a bottle of this stuff will last a good 3/4 months, and even longer if you only use it on special occasions. 


MAC Painterly Paint Pot, $18-- Oh won't you staaaay with me, 'cause you're all I need. Where have you been all my li-i-i-fe. Ooh, baby I love your way, everyday. I could sing many a-lovesong to this stuff, but to save time, I'll just tell you about it. This tinted shadow base gets ride of lid discoloration, keeps shadows in place and looking fresh, and is the only primer I've ever used that doesn't break down on my oily lids. I've had it for about 8 months now, and it looks like I haven't even put a dent in it. Yes, puh-lease.


Tarte Smooth Operator Pressed Finishing Powder, $34.00-- The ULTIMATE touch up powder. My skin produces most of its oil in the morning, so within three or four hours I need to blot and touch up. This is the only powder that I have used that keeps me matte all day after the initial touch up, and it doesn't get cakey at all. Also, it's translucent, but still does an excellent job of camouflaging large pores. 


Have you tried any of these products? Let me know what you think! 





Stay Excellent, 

Allie 

No comments :

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme