Sunday, October 5, 2014

New Activity: Shop in the Men's Section

Yes, you read that title correctly. Start shopping in the men's section, RIGHT MEOW. It's no secret that oversized sweaters, leggings and boots give any girl life. So, why not make the search easier to find a cute, oversized sweater or flannel that won't break the bank? 





So, the first site to visit is LL Bean. Their iconic Bean Boots are coming back into style, along with their flannels. I personally have the one pictured above, and let me tell you, its perfect. It's thick enough to keep you warm, and it's not itchy at all (I've had a few that were itchy beyond compare). As the title of this post suggests, this is shirt is in men's section, so it's oversized gold. To be honest, I wouldn't have pegged LL Bean as one of the stores that that would have girls like me scouring every inch of it. But, they have some great finds like their "Wicked Good" slippers, and their amazing PJ sets, which I lovingly refer to as Christmas Pajamas. I start wearing them November 1st and don't take them off until the end of February--but don't worry, they do get cleaned from time to time. Also, if I haven't convinced you that you need to visit LL Bean yet, THEY HAVE MONOGRAMMING. In the words of the beautiful Reese Witherspoon, "If it's not moving, monogram it." Truer words have never been spoken. 

The next two sites kind of work in tandem, being under the same parent company. I have purchased oversized sweaters from both Old Navy and Gap, with my latest purchase being pictured above on the left. I have been dying for a mustard colored sweater for a good lifetime and a half, so when I saw this a few days ago I immediately snatched it up. Right now with the weather just changing, finding sweaters on these sites can be a little difficult, especially at Old Navy. But wait until the end of the month/early November, and there will be plenty to choose from. Last year I bought a men's cable knit sweater at Old Navy for a whopping $18, and it is still my pride and joy. The bad news is I can't find it. Major sad face. BUT ALAS! I shall not end my quest to find it until it is on my body, in front of a fire with a cup of coffee in my hand. 

If you are still a little put off by shopping in the men's section, remember this: almost every woman has done it at one point in her life. The thought had actually never really crossed my mind until two years ago when my cousin's girlfriend told me that when he asked her what she wanted for Christmas,  she wanted sweaters from his side of the store in his size. BAM. Call it divine intervention, because from then on, I always take a few extra minutes to check out the men's section. But, here are a few rules to remember:

-If you are tall like me, try looking at the men's tall section. Why? Remember this golden rule: leggings are pants unless the butt is covered. Nothing is worse than getting the perfect top or sweater and then having it so short that you can't wear it with leggings--it's like getting your wrist slapped when going for a piece of candy. NOT COOL. 

-They generally have two sizes: Traditional/Regular and Slim Fit. This goes more for shirts rather than sweaters, but still keep it in mind. Why? The slim fit, as you might have guessed, is slimmer and more body skimming, mimicking a more European style. So if you have a larger backside, sometimes the shirt can fit weird. I bought a men's chambray shirt from Old Navy in the slim fit style, and even though it was oversized everywhere else, it was super tight across the backside. And let me just say, that I don't think I have a huge backside; in fact, my aunt told me that it's one of the traits in our family to have "absolutely nothing going on back there." 

Buh-dee, buh-dee, buh-dee,

I bid you good day. 

Stay Excellent, 
Allie

No comments :

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme